What if I was Raped by Someone Who Has no Money?

If your assailant is indigent and cannot pay a judgment, there is probably little point in bringing a civil lawsuit against him as any judgment obtained would be impossible to collect. You may be better off going to the police or a social services agency in order to obtain protection from the person and, if appropriate, have him criminally prosecuted.