Can My Risk Level be Raised?

Yes. If you are convicted of a new crime or violation of probation or parole, the district attorney can file a motion to increase your level of registration. For example, if you are listed as level one at sentencing and violate parole after your release, the district attorney can ask the judge to increase you to level two or level three. You have procedural protections, though, including the right to a lawyer (for free if you cannot afford one), a hearing and advance notice of the proposed increase.